At Southern Coast Janitorial we want to make sure we provide you with as many tips as possible, if you are looking to do the work yourself. But if you need help we’re always here.
Cleaning mildew in your Carpet
- Apply an enzyme detergent and blot the area.
- Spray on an ammonia solution (1 tablespoon ammonia and 1/2 cup water)
- Use your finger to distribute the mixture over the stain.
- Rinse with water and use a clean cloth to blot the area.
- Apply an oxidizing bleach and blot the area. Do not use chlorine bleach on wool or silk.
- Thoroughly rinse with water and blot until the area is dry.
CLEANING MILDEW IN YOUR Tile
- Try to remove as much mildew as possible by spraying the area with Clorox Clean.
- Leave the room for about 5 to 10 minutes. When you return, most of the mildew will be gone.
- Use an old toothbrush to scrub mildew spots off of grout.
- Use a scrubbing sponge with Clorox to clean persistent mildew spots.
- Rinse the tile and use a terry cloth to wipe with Windex