At Southern Coast Janitorial we want to make sure we provide you with as many tips as possible, if you are looking to do the work yourself. But if you need help we’re always here.
- Follow the tips listed below in order until the stain has lifted.
- Tip 1: Apply a small amount of dry cleaning solvent or alcohol (available at grocery, drug, and hardware stores). Use small amounts of the products to prevent possible damage to your furniture. Do not use gasoline, lighter fluid, or other flammable materials.
- Tip 2: Mix .5 teaspoons of a white, neutral detergent with one cup of lukewarm water. The detergent should be a mild dishwashing detergent that does not have strong alkalis or bleaches. Blot away any remaining moisture or cleaning solutions by padding the area with an absorbent towel. Weigh the towel down with something heavy and allow it to dry for at least six hours.
- Dilute a wood furniture cleaner with water in a small bucket. You can use Murphy’s Oil Soap or Bridge Pints Wood Cleaner.
- Squeeze any excess water from your sponge and wipe the wood clean, working in small areas.
- Buff the wood furniture clean, and dry it with a clean terry towel.
- Do not use aerosols such as Pledge because they can create a build-up.